Choosing a coffee table is one of the most important, yet often overlooked decoration decisions you have to make. Modern coffee table is a multi-functional piece of furniture that can add a finishing touch to the living space or living room. Coffee tables are often centrally located and serve a very practical purpose inside the room. At the coffee table, we can place our favorite drinks, decorating magazines, remote control and iPhone.
Layout and Space
The size of the coffee table should be proportional to the sofa. Checking out a few key dimensions will help identify the best size for a coffee table. Get started by considering these key points:
- Leave a distance of 30cm to 45cm between the coffee table and the setting around it.
- Living rooms with high traffic will need more space for people to move around the coffee table. In this case, allow at least 45 cm of clean space around the coffee table.
- If another piece of furniture or fireplace sits on one side of the coffee table, allow people to walk at least 80 centimeters.
Size and height
Size and height should always be considered when sitting around it. The height of your coffee table should be equal to the height of your sofa set, give or take a few inches. A few important things to keep in mind are:
- The maximum length (or diameter) of the coffee table should be two thirds of the width of the sofa sitting next to it. For example, if your sofa is 2.1m wide, the length of your coffee table should not exceed 1.4m.
- A coffee table should be 15 cm or more above the seating height of the seat or central part of the sofa. This is especially important if you often host people in your residence as it makes it easier to reach and pick up drinks or plates.
Shapes of Coffee Table
Oval or Round Coffee Table
The curved edges of an elliptical or round coffee table can soften the feel of an area with many straight lines and facilitate rotation in a room with heavy traffic. And if you want to give the illusion of spaciousness, an oval or round coffee table will take up less space.
Square Coffee Tables
If you have the advantage of ample space between your seats, a large square coffee table makes a real statement. You could also consider using two or four identical square coffee tables and arranging them harmoniously. If your living area has a long sofa with a wall, a square modern coffee table will add depth to the seating area and break up the long lines of furniture.
Rectangular Coffee Table
The most popular, in terms of shape, is the rectangular coffee table. They look great when placed in front of a sofa, resonating with the proportions of a large piece of furniture. If your living space is long and narrow, this shape will give maximum table space for the limited width of the room.
Coffee Table Material
Choose materials for your coffee table that compliment your existing furniture and suit your lifestyle. Here are some popular options.
Glass Coffee Tables
The glass is easy to care for and the metal frame finish can be made to match or stand out from the rest of the room’s furniture. A clear top of glass will also give the feeling of open space and allow the view of the carpet or floor below.
Marble Coffee Tables
Coffee marble tables require careful maintenance due to the unsafe nature of the material. However, with proper care, one piece of marble furniture can outperform all other furniture. A beautiful marble table top will also allow the sophisticated coffee table design to sit comfortably in the traditional interior.
Metal Coffee Table
Metal coffee tables also need to be maintained to keep the surface in good condition. A bronze coffee table will beautifully patent as it is used.
- Each seating area is used and styled differently, which is why we offer a wide selection of coffee table designs in different shapes, sizes, finishes and materials.
- Whatever shape or material you choose for your lifestyle, our coffee tables can fit your space and if you prefer to spread your legs and want a side table instead, we can help you.