- Cleaning your divan bed base increases the longevity and life time of your bed.
- A well cared for bed base is not only necessary for support for your mattress but also essential to enhance the beauty of your bedroom aesthetics.
- Cleaning your divan bed base increases the longevity.
- There are different cleaning methods to clean different types of divan bed bases.
- To clean your divan bed base following two solutions are commonly used.
- 2 tsp borax powder
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cups hot water
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake well before every use. It’s a magical cleanser for cleaning the bed base.
Tea Tree Oil Cleanser
- Tea tree oil 2 tsp
- Hot water 2 cups
Mix in a spray bottle and shake well before each spray to ensure that oil and water mix perfectly.
Most furniture is covered in some type of finish. This finish of the bed is sometimes affected by cleanser no matter how mild, when cleaning the bed base don’t forget to do patch test on a small inconspicuous area first.
Types of Bed Base
Here we discuss the cleaning methods of different types of beds:
Wooden Bed Base
Wood is a natural element and it requires specific attention and care on a regular basis. Among the daily basis dusting and wiping of bed base it will need particular nutrients as well. This will some type of guarantee for yours that your bed looks new and beautiful throughout the years.
Here are some precautions to care of your wooden bed base
- Wiping your wooden bed base once a week with a mild tea tree oil cleanser or damp cloth. This will get rid of dust and harmful particles that affect the wood strength over time.
- After wiping out the bed, oiling your bed base with good quality wood oil.
- checking out the painting and varnish of your bed regularly for chips and fad in the finishing.
Keep an eye out for chips and scratches in wood itself. Splinter can scratch and injure sleeper and mattress. Therefore sand down any splinter and chips. If necessary filling the gap with wood filler and cover with matching finish. To ensure the longevity of your bed inspecting the screw bolts and nuts regularly.
Metal Bed Base
Metal bed bases have only one major drawback that is rust. We can prevent this by avoiding the water. But when we touch the bed base with our dirty hand it unclean the bed base at this time we need water so we cannot keep away from water over a long time.
- Wiped out the bed base with borax cleaning solution once a week. And dry out every corner and nook of your bed with a dry towel. This step can prevent the bed from forming rust.
Additionally, if you notice any squeaking in your bed frame. Applying good quality lubricate oil to the affected part.
Upholstered Bed Base
These bed bases need different cleaning aids than for other beds like tea tree oil solution and borax cleaning solution. Most of upholster bed bases are covered with polyester fabric. Since fabric involved. You will need a fabric cleanser.
Following mixture can be used for cleaning upholstered bed bases
- 1 tsp mild detergent
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 liter warm water
- Shake well before every use.